I’ve decided to pick up Merlin’s Shadow once more, which currently stands at 156 solidly written pages. This is book 2 in The Merlin Spiral, and I would just love to fill out fresh pages with oodles of exciting prose and dialogue … except … ahem … alas …
… I want to delay writing fresh material for two reasons:
- I just finished editing book 1 to fix passive sentences … I need to do this to Merlin’s Shadow as well to make sure that these pages work well with what will follow.
- I desperately need to get myself back into the story after having spent almost four months with Merlin’s Blade… Editing will accomplish that nicely.
So … I’m not writing anything new yet, but I am accomplishing something and laying the ground work for new writing.
Based on my speed while editing Merlin’s Blade, the editing process shouldn’t take more than a month… My sidebar will reflect my progress.
Also … I will be printing up some personal copies of Merlin’s Blade !
These will NOT be for sale.
Let me repeat that: … these are not for sale.
They are for the purpose of handing out to a few published author friends to entice them to read it … in hopes of getting a real recommendation to an agent or publisher.
As part of this, I want as professional of a cover as possible, so Leighton and I have been working on putting together a kicker of a book cover using Blender 3D.
So far the results are absolutely spectacular, and I hope to add parts of this graphic to my website soon.
Be on the lookout!